At Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM (Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM is a trade name of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc.) security is a top priority. We have introduced several ways to assist you in protecting your personal and financial information, including a primary layer of protection offered by the fact that our website only supports browsers that use 256-bit encryption.
Encryption is a process by which information is scrambled during transmission — e.g. between your PC and Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM. Information that is encrypted at one end is decrypted (decoded) upon receipt at the other end.
256-bit encryption is the strongest, most secure form of encryption that is generally available in Internet browsers on the market in North America today. We recommend that you use 256-bit encryption at all times and especially when conducting financial transactions over the Internet.
To download a browser with 256-bit data encryption, you have a number of options. We do not recommend beta versions of browsers.
In addition to the use of 256-bit data encryption, we require that our customers use and maintain a username and password in order to access their accounts through our website.
What does Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM do to protect my security?
We have adopted a number of security measures including the following to ensure the protection and security of your personal information. At Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM, we:
- use the strongest encryption technology available in North America to help ensure that data passing between your computer and our website is secure (you must have a browser that supports 256-bit encryption in order to use our website),
- use digital certificates issued by trusted third-party companies to let you know that our site is secure,
- use powerful firewalls to protect your account information,
- never send you messages asking you to provide us with personal or account information via email.
Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM commitment
Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM is committed to keeping your confidential information safe. To protect your information and assets, Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM employs extensive physical, electronic and procedural security controls, regularly adapting them as technology and threats evolve. Click on the following link to learn more about the Steps taken to protect your confidential information.
- Frequently check your Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM accounts.
- Protect your password.
- Get up-to-date anti-virus/malware software.
- Ensure your browser and operating system are always up-to-date.
- Take wireless network precautions.
- Protect yourself from online fraud.
Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM customers will be liable for any losses that occur as a result of: (i) the voluntarily disclosure of their usernames or password; or (ii) the careless or improper handling, storing or disclosure of such information. In the event of any loss, theft, misuse or compromise of your confidential Qtrade Guided Portfolios<sup>TM</sup> data, you must promptly notify Qtrade Guided Portfolios<sup>TM</sup> at 1.844.622.4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below for other important details and conditions.
What can I do to protect my security?
When dealing with Qtrade Guided PortfoliosTM over the Internet, you should:
- never divulge your username and password,
- change your password regularly,
- always log off when you are finished,
- clear your cache regularly,
- never use software that "memorizes" your password,
- never leave your computer while logged into our website,
- never send confidential or personal information through email,
- regularly check for internet updates and security patches.
Clearing your cache
To protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we highly recommend that you clear your browser's memory cache or close your browser (which will also clear the browser's memory cache) after your session.